Friday, April 1, 2011

Chaeli Campaign Graduation!

Last night was mine and Josh's graduation from the Chaeli Campaign. We had to do a 2 minute speech, and when i found that out, I was like I cant do that! But once I got going on the writing it was fine. here is a copy of my speech:

Hi, my name is Keren meijer, i'm 13 years old, and homeschooled like my brother Josh.
Being a Chaeli camapiaign ambassador has inspired me to do greater things with my life and to grow as a person. I learnt that even though I'm so young, I can still make difference in my community and help other poeple.
Organizing our Car rally has not been easy! And we have been really blessed by my Mom's friend tanya. tanya has done this sort of thing before, so she knows what to do and who to talk to. There have been so many things that have needed to be done in order to make this event a sucess. First of all the route, we have spent hours working on it and coming up with cryptic clues and questions for along the way, sometimes staying up past 11 working, laughing falling asleep and brainstorming. My Mom has been amazing; she has been the cook for us and the vbabysitter for tanya's kids and grandchild. The response for prizes, as Josh said, has been amazing we wnet around this morning asking foir prizes and got some amazing vouchers! The only thing that has been a bit discouraging has been the response for entries, so if any of you are interested in entering, please let us know tonight! Or support us by buying a raffle ticket from me or Josh for a wine hamper or a delicious lee hamper.
My most memorable moments so far have been the hours we have spent working on the questions, one in particular. We were sitting trying to think of an anagram for “the Chaeli Campaign”, when Josh came up with a website where you type in your words and it comes up with loads of anagrams for you. So we typed in “the Chaeli Campaign” and it came up with get a mechanical hip! We were in hysterics the rest of the week!
Next year I am going to be a mentor to the new ambassadors, and I’m really looking forward to working with them! I also want to say thank you to Zelda and the rest of the Chaeli Campaign for giving me such amazing opportunities!

~Keren

No comments:

Post a Comment