Thursday, February 28, 2013

A bit delayed

This is a unpublished post that I found sitting on my phone for about 2 weeks, so here it is :P
What a weekend this has been! I've been crazy busy, crazy tired, and it's been crazy fun :)
It started off with Rewired (my youth group) on Friday night (always a highlight), we had a whole James Bond theme-thing happening. As usual, it was jam-packed with awesome games, which my team won! It was kind of by fluke... but we still won! :D I don't know if any of you have ever tried a McDonalds Happy Meal blended up? Don't. Ever. I mean, usually with these eating contests I'm really in there and kicking ass. Well, I was literally gagging. I will never eat McDonalds again (insert dramatic voice and gestures). Basically, it was gross. Other than that, I had an awesome time with awesome people :)
On Saturday morning I had my cool-cat friend, Sarah's, Amazing Race party. It was SO epic! I couldn't have had a better team! We rocked it and came first :D (I seem to have had a little bit of luck on my side this weekend!) It was super fun, filled with cryptic clues, cool surprises and loads of laughs :) Props to our AMAZING driver, Gary, who knows good back routes and is uber competitive!
That afternoon I went to go see Argo, and I'm just going to say right now, if you haven't, watch it ASAP! It is so awesome!!! Oh my gosh, I enjoyed that movie SO much, I can't actually get over it! Wow. Now I want to watch it again! Seriously guys, go see it! Now, like right now. Drop what you're doing and watch it! Its just... Wow.
Sunday was pretty cool too :) I'm involved with my church's, The People's Church (TPC), Sunday school program. I am a small group leader for grade 1-2 girls, they are such cutie-pies! So we have this roster type thing where we have one week on one week off, and some weeks we have a turn to do the teaching. This week it was my turn, and I'm not gonna lie, I was pretty nervous /: Soooo... I took the initiative and roped someone (Casey) in to tag team preach with me :) I was so glad to have her help, it made me feel a lot better about it, like if I messed up it wasn't all my fault :P We basically spoke about how much God values you and wants to have a relationship with you and did a little salvation call for the grade 1-4s. It was really special and I enjoyed being able to teach the kids something new and make some kind of an impact on their lives, even if it was small :)
Yesterday was Monday, and I was really busy, but it was a good day. Last year I was part of a Shakespeare play in the Shakespeare Schools Festival. It was the first time there was a home schooler's group entered. It went really well and we thought it would be cool to do another one this year. We don't have any official drama teachers, its just a bunch of teenagers having fun and putting on a show. This year I was asked to co-direct with Monica and Richard. We have already had so much fun and I think its going to be a great success! The play we will be performing is a Winter's Tale. Yesterday we told the cast what parts they will be playing and I can't wait to see how they bring out their characters :)
♥ Keren

No comments:

Post a Comment