Thursday, February 14, 2013

A fresh start

Okay, so one of my many overly enthusiastic resolutions this year was to finally start blogging regularly! I swear that's my resolution every year.... But anyway! I'm going to be positive and actually try DO it this time :) And what sparked me to start this halfway through February you ask? That is a very legit question. The reason I started this today of all days is because, as you all know, today is Valentine's day. The day to celebrate, feel, ignite and spread love. As usual, I didn't have a Valentine, which doesn't phase me at all, because (drum roll please) I decided to love myself today! And how did I do that you ask? Well, I just did what I love and made myself happy the way no one else can. The things I did were painting, wearing my best red lipstick, drinking tea, baking, putting on my pajamas in the middle of the day and buying books, all because I can! And do you know what? It made me happy. Perfectly, blissfully happy. I think everyone should just have a day where they love themselves, where they don't expect anything from themselves, where they just breathe in the beauty of who they are. That is what makes me happy :)
Today I discovered a treasure, a second hand bookshop, stacked from the floor to the ceiling with books, books and more books, right down the road from me! I always knew there was one around here, but I never bothered going in, but today Josh and I took a walk in that direction so I could check it out. And from that experience I now have my very own copies of the Lord of the Rings trilogy! I would have bought a lot more (including The Hobbit) but Josh ran out of money to lend me /: But, needless to say, I will be back there as soon as my wallet is a little fatter. I think my favourite part about it is that its a TEARS bookshop, so all my money is going to a good cause, that makes me smile :)
So let's hope I can stick to this resolution! Fingers crossed x
♥ Keren

Sent via my BlackBerry from Vodacom - let your email find you!

1 comment: