Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Travelling


As I mentioned in one of my earlier posts, I went up to the farm with Paige Arran, Auntie Catherine, and Claire van der Linde's granny, Memom.


Here I am in front of the truck we drove up in.
The driving wasn't bad, but it did get quite hot! I took some notes during the journey.....
- Paige never stops eating!
- Arran can sleep just about anywhere
- I should've worn something cooler
- I can read in the car
- Paige often asks for sweets
- Arran is sleeping again
- Arran is sleeping again, now with my sunglasses on
- Arran took my sunglasses off while he was asleep
- Paige eats really fast
- Paige is asking for sweets again
- Shouldn't give Paige sweets, makes her crazy
- Paige named the 3 Sisters jenny Penny and Lenny
- After all this time in the car, Paige and Arran are only irritating each other now, and they aren't even sitting next to each other!
- The rain sounds static
- (Paige wrote this) Keren is mad, and Paige just read two books
- Arran's foot looks funny
- The clock is wrong
- Mine and Paige's stomachs hurt!
- Auntie Catherine saw lightning
- Oh, wait so did I!
- I really need the toilet!
- Paige would love it if I wet my dress
- Paige hopes lightning isn't on the farm
- Paige is cold
- Paige and I feel like we have wet our pants
- It smells like rain, I love it!
- This trip has been really easy!
- Might have to change a tyre in Bloem
- Arrival time, between 9 and 10
- We passed a really pretty stained glass hotel!
- We just saw a really ugly shoe sign
- The walls are still painted for the Soccer World Cup
- Battling sleep
- We have all been asleep for ages......
- Almost there!
- Getting excited!
- Finally reached our destination!

I had a great two days on the farm, reconnecting with my cousin.....

After my two days on the farm, we drove to Peitermaritzburg to Uncle Sandy and Auntie Lesley to stay therefor a night. The next morning was my Great-Grandpa's memorial service.




The cousins.......


After that we went to Auntie Deborah and Uncle Dieter. It was so cool, all of the ladies slept in the main bedroom, it was like one big sleepover! The next morning we went to the dam that's on the property. There is a bridge across it for a cycling race, so we were walking along that, trying very hard no to get wet!


It didn't work too well since the bridge sagged and touched almost the bottom (in the shallow parts).

Eventually Arran pushed Paige in and uncle Dieter tried to push me in, but if i was gonna go down, he was going with me!



Uncle Chris enjoyed fishing in the dam....


I miss everybody so much and I can't wait until we're all together again!


1 comment:

  1. such an awesome trip we had :) see you next week!!! love you xx

    ReplyDelete