Wednesday, September 21, 2011

WP!

Wow, ok, last Saturday I had my first WP Karate competition! I only fought, since I don't know enough senior Katas. It was extremely exciting, and I was hardly nervous!!! I really enjoyed it, and it was really only for the experience that I went. My amazing friend, Ashton, coached me in and out of class for 2 weeks before the competition, I am so grateful for such a fantastic friend!
It was an early start to be at CPUT by 8 for 8:30


After waiting outside for a long time, we finally filed in dojo by dojo. Ashton, Laurens (a boy who trains with us) and I stuck together until Laurens and I had to go on. Ashton is too old to compete since it was a children's comp, so she was there to support us.
Eventually my division was called, and as I walked across the floor my stomach turned! I was all of a sudden nervous, but I squelched my fear and kept going. Luckily there were the kata competitors first, so my nerves had a chance to calm themselves. I got chatting to some of the girls, and found that my brother knows one of their sisters :)
I found out that two of the girls in my weight division had been to SAs and one to WC! And this was my first WP only!
The girl I was up against beat me 7-3, but I was fine with that. I was hoping for another fight, and not so happy that they had not scored us fairly, but I was out. I still got a bronze medal, since there were only four of us, but it was worth it, and so much fun!





I am so happy!
~Keren

No comments:

Post a Comment