Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Take Care

Sometimes we just have to take a step back, reassess priorities, figure out what's most important to us in our lives and take care of ourselves. I must say, I can forget to look after myself. I get so bogged down with the little things that I let consume my world and keep me busy, that I forget to take care. I have decided its time to reassess, make time for the things I REALLY care about.
So I have this list, right. Yes, I am one os those crazy-ass OCD list making people. Deal with it. So this list, its filled with all the things I desperately want to do, but can't stop procrastinating about. I think about this list every single day of my life, and every day I say to myself "I'll tackle that list tomorrow, I'll make time for it!" But I never do until its almost too late to get one of the things done, be it homework or paying a debt. And this stresses me out, I just want to be able to relax without it playing on my mind.
So I have decided its time to look after myself, to love myself, to take care. Everything has to start somewhere, and I'm starting with the little things. Things like buying myself a Dr. Pepper and drinking it when I feel like I'll die from heatstroke, going to bed early because my body is crying out for a few extra hours of sleep, or even just chilling here writing this blog post and not letting myself feel like I should be jumping up and doing last minute homework, that can wait. I also think it would be loving of myself to actually do the things on that list, so I can have a little peace about it. So I resolve to assign one thing on the list to each day until the list is done. That's how I'm going to take care of me.
Another way I want to stay sane and keep my priorities in check, is to spend more time with my Maker, my Dad. Even if I was to spend my entire life praying, reading and learning about Him, I honestly don't think that I would ever know Him as well as I want to. But I think its my job to try. So Jesus, get ready, because you're about to hear a lot more from this girl!
My motto from here on out is "If it can be done today, don't leave it 'till tomorrow."
Take care, I meant it!
♥ Keren

No comments:

Post a Comment