Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Shock

You know those newspaper headlines on the lamp posts that are meant to catch your eye? I always read them when we drive, it gives me something to think about. What I read on the way to Karate earlier, shocked me. It said 'Schoolboy stabbed to death on station'. But that's not what shocked me, what shocked me was that when I read it, it didn't shock me! How can we live in a world that is so twisted that when a schoolboy gets stabbed to death, I don't even care! How can we (OK, me) be so desensitised that when we see something like that, I just pass it by? How come I never stopped to think how that child's family might feel, and send a prayer their way? I will tell you why, it's because these things happen so often, that after a while we just stop caring. But that is not right! Think, what would Jesus do? It might sound cheesy, I know, but really what would He do? He would help the family in any way He could, the least I could do is pray for them. Anyway, I thought I should just share this. It really opened my eyes :)
~Keren

No comments:

Post a Comment